Saturday, December 22, 2007

Round 1 Continued

I know I told everyone that we would end the voting on Tuesday night at 8, but due to a long list of factors including my newly busy schedule, my life long laziness, and the craziness of the holliday season, we are tabulating the scores today. I am pleased to announce that we have our first two winners, as well as our first "Elite 8" match-up. In a dominant first round performance, Eric Djemba-Djamba advances to the final 8. I won't reveal how many votes he won by, but I will predict that his margin of victory will be larger than any one elses. May it be noted that Jaxin did his home work and provided us all with good reason to support his name. As for the other match-up, Popeye Jones won in a much closer game. I think the fact that Popeye is one of the top 10 ugliest guys in NBA history probably adds to the hilarity of his name. So in the next round, we will have Djemba-Djemba vs. Popeye Jones.

Here is an updated version of the the bracket.






And now, on to the next first round match-up. Out of the "South End Region," we have God Shamgodd vs. James Milner, and Majestic Mapp vs. Magic Johnson.

--Match-up Preview--

In what appears to be a one sided match-up, our version of a 1-16 game, we have God Shamgodd vs. James Milner. The only advantage that Milner may have had was the hilarious post that Mark Wetzler made on his behalf. But Tam's post on God Shamgodd was also hilarious, and very well researched, and it effectively nullified any edge Mark may have had. Thanks to both of them for playing, even bigger thanks to both of them for providing us with the entertainment of reading their reasons.

In the second half of the "South End Region" we have a magical match-up. I know this game makes this a little hard to believe, but I drew all of the match-ups out of a hat. I actually didn't even notice that Majestic Mapp vs. Magic Johnson was funny until Ben told me I was a douche for matching them up. They are both pretty funny though. One for it's sheer absurdity, the other for it's irony, either would be a fine choice. (Irony- his name is Magic Johnson and he got HIV, fuck you Alanis Morisett) Thanks to both David Chernicoff and Jake Morton for their contributions.

So, you have until Wednesday December, 26, the day after Christmas to make your pick. I promise to choose the winners that day, and have the next match-ups and previews up that night.

God Shamgodd vs. James Milner.

Majestic Mapp vs. Magic Johnson.

Deadline, Dec. 26, 2007.

No comments: