Sunday, December 16, 2007

Further Explanations

Since I posted the contest rules and regulations and the name reasoning, I have been swamped with requests, and even a late explanation. It seems that most of you think that I should list the names of every contestant, even if you didn't write an explanation. And although I want to reward those who did what I asked, I also aim to please every single person who takes the time to read the blog. So, before you cast your vote take what I am adding here into account.

Late Explanation:

James Milner, by Mark Wetzler-
Dear Road to the Bigtime,
My name is Mark Wetzler. I am 17 years old and I have been a big fan of "Road to the Bigtime" since I moved here when I was 8. I really like your contest, it is really clever and I think people that have funny names are funny. I know it is pretty late, but I was wondering if I could submit an explanation for my choice, James Milner. I know most of you probably don't think it is a funny name, but I think James Milner is one of the funniest people in sports. Here is a picture demonstrating why I think he is funny:



just go to that link. i hope you think his snarl is funny. i did. i love you all,
Your 3rd biggest fan,
Mark Wetzler

p.s. enclosed is a self-addressed stamped envelope with one of your tops finest cards from 2004. if you have time, please sign it and mail it back. thanks!


There you go Mark, I hope that wins you some points. And, here are the names of the contestants along side their favorite name.

1. An’Juan Wilderness- Andy Bunker
2. Eric Djemba-Djemba- Jaxin Skyward
3. Eugene Kingsale- Ben Steitzer
4. Dick Butkus- Sam Gelinas
5. Boo Weekly- Barry
6. James Milner- Mark Wetzler
7. God Shamgodd- Tam Johnson
8. Popeye Jones- Troy Tsuchikawa
9. Quinten McCracken- Matt Emmick
10. Magic Johnson- Jake Morton
11. Houston Nutt- Jonah Golan
12. Milton Bradley- Ryan Skaggs
13. Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala- Neal Benyak
14. Majestic Mapp- David Chernicoff
15. Dick Trickle- Stan Chernicoff
16. Tshimanga Biakabutuka- Mike Thompson

No comments: