Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Years Resolutions

I don't know about you, but I tend to make a few resolutions every new year. Some sort of lame promise that I make to myself that I inevitably break by about January 15th. I'm sure you've all made them: eat healthier, drink less, spend less money on dumb stuff, work harder, join a gym, etc., etc. But we all know that this is worthless, getting drunk and buying over priced Nikes is going to just as much fun in 2008 as it was in 2007. So what I'm going to do is make resolutions that will be monitored by you, the readers of "Road to the BigTime". In fact, the main resolution I am going to make will directly impact all of you. As well as a few other minor resolutions that are less important, but still worth noting. So, without further ado, Road to the BigTime's 2008 Resolutions.

First and foremost, the resolution that will most directly impact the readers of this blog. I resolve to write at least 100 blogs next year. That comes out to about a blog every four days. The main complaint that I get from the people who read my blog is that I don't write enough. That will not be an issue in 2008. And here is why. I am moving into an apartment with my good friend Barry, as well as Tam Johnson, and Barry going to help me turn bunktown.blogspot.com into bunktow.com. The new site will be a much more reader friendly, and entertaining site. I know I've talked about it before, but with the three of us set to move in in two days, Bunktown.com is clearly on the horizon. Blogs, podcasts, better pictures, videos, guest bloggers, and much much more. I resolve to be a better blogger in 2008, and now that I've set the expectations this high, I have to make it happen. I dare you to put your plans to jog four times a week in print. I dare you.

Aside from the blog plans, I also plan to improve my fanhood in 2008. I have been doing this for a while now, but I will continue to only wear clothing from teams that I root for. That means jerseys, T-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, hats, pants, sweats, socks, underwear, etc. The teams that I root for are as follows: Sonics, Seahawks, Mariners, Huskies, Quakers, Sounders, Thunderbirds, Rainiers, Aqua Sox, Seattle U, and Manchester United. If anybody sees me breaking this rule, and wearing any article of clothing of any team other than one of the ones I listed, feel free to kick me in the nuts.

Also, I am going to try to like more of the players on my favorite teams. Over the 2007 year, I am pretty sure that I claimed to hate every Mariner, Husky, Sonic and Seahawk. I have always made the argument that I only hate because I love, but I am going to try to do more loving and less hating in 2008. We'll see how long this lasts. See me after Shaun Alexander rushes for 17 yards on 13 carries against the Redskins, and we lose by 4.

One more, much more short term, but hopefully not that short, resolution. I won't shave until the Seahawks lose in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl. I hope to have a full beard by the time I get to shave on February 7th.

Other than all of that stuff, I plan to have a year very similar to the one I had to 2007. I'll root whole heartedly for the teams that I love, and I'll most likely have my heart broken by each and every one of them. I'll unconditionally love Kevin Durant and Jake Locker. I'll make fun of Shaun Alexander and Ichiro. I'll buy dumb stuff, I'll drink too much, I'll stay up late. And as long as I make sure to do all of these things, 2008 should be great.

Happy New Year everybody, 2008's gonna be a big year.

No comments: