Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Friends Look Like Famous Athletes

This segment has been a HUGE success. People of all shapes and sizes love it. From North Seattle to Skyway, "Road to the BigTime's" newest special is sweeping the city like last weeks rain storm. Excitement in literally flooding out of every neighborhood of Seattle. Houses were destroyed. Parts of I-5 are still closed. My friends looking like athletes is the biggest thing that has ever happened. Ever.

Enough hype. Now I have to maintain the momentum and live up to the ridiculously high expectations. That's cool, we like pressure. We thrive on pressure. Here is the newest edition of, "My Friends Look Like Famous Athletes."

After endless requests from female fans, Caitlin and Avery, we have our first female look alike. I gotta say though, picking a girl look alike is hard for a few reasons. Number one, I don't watch very many female sports, so there could be a million women that look like my friends -- Sue Bird could be Annasara's twin sister for fuck's sake -- and I wouldn't know. Second, I don't want to offend any of my female readers by saying that they look like an ugly girl. I could care less about telling Sam that he looks like Slava "Super-Euro" Medvedenko, he's a big boy and good sport, but if I told some girl she looked like Calvin Booth, I'd lose a reader and probably get my ass kicked. Third, it's easy for guys to look alike. Same hair cut, same nose, you look the same. Girls have so much going on, it's hard to find similarities.

So what did I do? I looked to my favorite female team of all time. The 1999 Women's World Cup team. How did it take me this long? Like I've said before, that is one of my all time favorite teams. This was a natural. With our further ado, our first female looks alike.

My friend Sara Foster.



And 1999 World Cup Champion, Julie Foudy.



They look alike, they are both attractive, and you know who both of them are. A triple threat. The perfect look alike. I am the man.

Next, a not so attractive look alike duo. Let me take that back, the athlete is ugly, my buddy is deceptively handsome. Iain rode his bike from here to NYC, he is the man. This is what he looks like.



Chris Kamen on the other hand, not the man, not good looking, and not deceptively anything. He looks like the Fremont Troll. My appologies to Iain, but as you can see, I have a point.



Lastly, I have to extend my thanks to Sam Morton for this one. I appreciate the active participation in the blog. Any body can make suggestions. Don't let Sam be the only person to notice that one of our friends looks like an athlete, offer your assistance. Here is our buddy Sean Lawson.



And here is the softest QB in the NFL, Eli Manning. Please note, Sean is the opposite of soft. One time I ran into him, his shirt covered in blood, and I asked, "what the fuck happened to you, are you okay." To which he responded, "this isn't my blood, I just kicked this Garfield kid's ass!" Sean punctuates as he speaks. Here is Eli.



So, in closing. Sara and Julie Foudy are both cool and pretty, Iain is way better looking than his look alike, and Sean Lawson would beat up Eli Manning. And they all look alike.

No comments: