Thursday, October 25, 2007

Game 2 Running Thoughts

It seems to me that everybody liked reading my thoughts on game 1, so I'm gonna do it again for game 2. This blog trend proves two things; one, I always listen to, and try to please my readers, and two, I have nothing better to do than sit here and write about every inning of the world series. Either I'm a loser, or I love you guys, either way I'm home alone in my basement watching this game. Here we go.

1st Inning
TOP
Schilling and Joe Buck should go on vacations together and rub sun screen onto each others backs. I hate them both equally, and for the same reasons.

He hit Tavarez to start off the game. Interesting tactic, I like it. Hit the guy who led the league in bunt singles. Maybe Schilling isn't that bad.

Infield Ichiro by Holiday, Tavarez ends up on third due to a throwing error by Lowell.

Helton comes up, with that awful goatee. His mouth looks like a hippies vagina. Ground out to third, run scores. The Rockies are winning, the Rockies are winning. It's a Miracle.

Inning over. This maybe the last time the Rockies lead the game for a while. Here come the Sox



2nd Inning-
TOP
Quick single by Brad Hawpe. They are jumping on Schilling early. First or second pitch.

Nice pitch by Schilling. He is still pretty good, for a self satisfied, annoying, self promoting douche bag. I wonder if he starts pitching bad, if he'll rub some ketchup on his sock.

Torrealba grounds into an inning ending double play, he must have learned that when he played in Seattle.

BOTTOM

Manny Leads it off. I wonder if he knows that it's the World Series? Probably not. He grounds out to third, and never leaves the batters box. I love Manny.

Lowell has hella gray in his beard. They say he's Puerto Rican, but I don't believe it, I bet he likes Ricky Martin though. He grounds out to third too.

They are talking about how curve balls don't work in Denver. Good thing Boston is going with Dice-K in game three. He doesn't rely on breaking balls at all.

JD Drew gets hit with the pitch. Two hit batsmen in the first two innings, let's pray for a fight. I bet Papi could beat the shit out of any Rockies player. But I bet Clint Hurdle could kill anybody in the league. Hurdle looks like a cowboy, I like it.

Here's Varitek, I hope they hit him too. Apparently Varitek likes Dave Mathews Band and Bare Naked Ladies, I knew he sucked.

3rd Inning
TOP
Damn, Joe Buck just spent three minutes killing the mood of the game by telling a story about a Yankees intern who got killed in a car accident when his drunk cab driver wrecked the cab. Thanks a lot Joe, you really know how to capture the vibe of playoff baseball.

Two quick outs by the Rockies.

Kaz-Mat steps in. I bet he wears tight jeans. Quickly 0-2 on Matsui, Schilling strikes him out. He is looking sharp. I hate him.

BOTTOM
Jacoby Ellsbury leads it off. I like guys from Oregon State. Stephen Jackson, Gary Payton, Chad Johnson. That school turns out clowns. He grounds out.

The ump is going with a pretty big strike zone tonight, I like that. Lugo grounds out.

Jiminez's dad came to visit him during the Rockies 9 game layoff. It was his first time on a plane, and his first time seeing snow. Baseball is the catalyst for some great, funny stories. What do you think he said when he saw the snow? Probably something hard to understand.

Pedroia walks. He looks like he's 14.

Youk almost just got hit in the head. He looks like John Malkevic from Rounders. I wonder if he eats Oreo's before every home run he hits. Probably not. He walks, no Oreo's.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE's Papi. Back to back walks, make him pay David, make him pay. I wonder if these guys know each other, they're both Dominican.

They keep showing the Boston bullpen cheering every time the Sox have a rally going. Am I the only one who doesn't really think it's all that cool.

WAY BACK. WAY BACK. Foul. He just missed a homer by about a foot. The Pesky pole sounds like a nickname for a sneaky Polish guy. Strike out for Papi. Too bad.

4th Inning
TOP
I got a phone call, luckily nothing happened. Quick inning. Maybe Boston can get a hit this inning.

BOTTOM
Manny pops up to third. I want nothing more than to see him hit a big one, and mug it.

Lowell walks. Brings up JD Drew...who sucks. I predict a double play.

Line single, Lowell goes to third. Every time I predict failure for JD, he succeeds. I should hate on him more often.

Varitek hits a deep sacrafice to center. He seems to always come through when they need him. That's cool, the Mariners were better without him. Dan Wilson, Kenji, we're good.

The Red Sox relief pitchers call their bullpen the Black Pearl, they think they're pirates. Is that cool or dumb? Probably dumb, at least they win.

Ellsbury walks. Lugo has a chance to do something big for once. Ellsbury stole second, we all get free tacos. Go to Taco Bell and get your free taco on October 30th. Thanks Jacoby. Lugo fails.


FUCK. I just got called into KJR to work. No more thoughts. This fucking sucks, I was having a good time. FUCK FUCK FUCK. Go Manny.

******Three hours Later**********

Alright, I returned to my home, and I have some final and less thorough thoughts on game 2.

Mike Lowell is the perfect guy to follow Manny and Papi. I know I said he has the easiest job in baseball, but he is perfect for it. He is a line drive hitter with power. He hits doubles and comes up big, and I want him on our team.

Hideki Okajima is hella good. I am not really sure what he does. It's like Jamey Moyer meets Norm Charleton meets tricky fork ball. It's pretty crazy, but he maybe the best Japanese pitcher on the Sox, and they didn't have to pay $50 million just to talk to him.

What the hell was Matt Holiday thinking? How can you get picked off, with two outs, when you're the tying run, in the eighth inning of the World Series with one of your best hitters at the plate? Like I said yesterday, young teams make young mistakes. The Sox have been here, they are bleeding the count with every pitcher. (The Red Sox have thrown 126 and 119 pitches in the two games respectively. The Rockies have thrown 197 and 146, that's a hell of a stat Bunktown) And even more than that, you'd never see a Boston player get picked off by a RIGHT HANDED PITCHER, down by one run in the eighth inning. You just won't see that from them.

Jonathon Papelbon is hard as shit. Granted, the "stare" is dumb and overrated, but his fast ball is completely unfair. He throws 97 with movement. And I honestly think he wants to win more than any player I've seen in a long long time. He is intense. That's the type of stuff you wanna see from a player in the World Series. To be honest though, I think he just wants to dance in his underwear again. What a dichotomy, scary flame thrower turns ninny dancing in his scibbies. That said, he is good.

My predictions are still in tact. This is precisely what I thought would happen. Now the Rocks will win game 3 and 4, due to Dice-K's inability to move his pitches in the light air and the Rockies huge edge at Coors Field. Then Beckett will drop the hammer again in game 5, and secure the co-MVP award. Then back to Fenway where Schilling will pitch the lights out in his final game as a Red Sock and come home with another World Series co-MVP award. So be it.

No comments: