Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What the Hell Bunktown?

Well, with my New Year resolution in serious jeopardy after only one month, I have used 2008 to drive home one obvious point...I am extremely lazy. Well, sort of. In my own defense, I have been really busy, and really tired. Getting up at 4:45 every morning, only to go into KJR and get yelled at by Mitch for four hours is not exactly the recipe for blogging success. While I do come home with some pretty hilarious stories every day, I am usually so exhausted physically and mentally that I just watch ESPN Classic and take a nap. When I wake up from my nap at about 6:30 pm, I only have about four hours to eat, hang out, do something semi-active and then eat again, before I have to go to bed so I can be up at 4:45 again. I have essentially been in a sports induced coma for the past month and a half. A veritable "Daily Schnoz" zombie wandering the earth in search of the latest and greatest story lines in sports. And due to the fact that I've only had 3 days off in the past six weeks, my blog has been severely bogged down.

Well I have some good news. Friday is my last day as the "Assistant Producer" of the Mitch in the Morning Show. I put "Assistant Producer" in quotes because that is what they call it. It would more aptly be described as bitch, or to be more sports appropriate, towel or water boy. In fact, I run to the lunch room to get Mitch, Steve the co-host, or Matt the Producer, water at least three times a week. But if they called me the water boy, I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with the destitution of my restitution. In other words, they pay me less than that guy who asked you if you would like a lemon in your water last time you went out to Mexican food. At least he gets tips. I am joking of course...except about the money, they do pay me like a janitor. I truly have had a great time working in the morning though. There is a myth that is often perpetuated by the sports fans in Seattle that Mitch is a jerk. He isn't. Honestly. In fact, he is pretty hilarious. He makes fun of every body, he doesn't take crap from anybody, and he hates Phil Mickelson. And aside from the pay, the hours, the stress, the under appreciation, and the exhaustion, I am going to miss the morning show.

But what does this mean?

Honestly, I have no idea.

But worry not my faithful readers and friends, I am still on the march towards sports media superiority, still on the Road to the BigTime. The next step will most likely be the best step, I am just not really sure what it'll be. But, on the plus side, in the mean time we will have lots more blogs. So, let's not waist any more time talking about blogging, let's put the rubber to the road...to the BigTime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear that there is a vacancy in the oval office...